From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Week of: January 20-24th
Student of the Week! Jonathan
Check out our website at: http://landaffblueschool.wixsite.com/home
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten Letter of the Week is K
- Kindergarten has been comparing the weights of objects through an exploration of the pan balance. They have also been comparing the capacities of containers.
- First Graders have been using 10-blocks and calculators to support place-value understanding. First graders have also been using pennies and dimes to show the difference between tens and ones. They have also been reviewing the following symbols; <, >, =.
- Third Graders have been learning about how to generate measurement data and how to represent the data on a line plot. They have also been measuring distances around objects and comparing masses.
- All students have been working hard in their reading groups.
- WMSI came and the children worked on their robots.
- We also had a guest speaker from the Vermont Institute of Science.
February 7th– Book Orders are due
February 12th– Budget Hearing & Board Meeting
February 11th– Science Night
February 14th– Valentine’s Day Ice Cream Social