From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
Student of the Week! Liam
Check out our website at: http://landaffblueschool.wixsite.com/home
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten Letter of the Week is A
- Kindergarten practiced skip counting by 10s. They also explored the Number Grid and learned how to use it as a counting tool.
- First Graders worked on addition and subtraction equations. They also wrote numbers up to and beyond 100 on number scrolls. First Graders also practiced measuring lengths of crooked paths.
- Third Graders learned about Quadrilaterals and how to classify them. They also learned how to identify and measure the perimeters of rectangles and other polygons.
- All students have been working hard in their reading groups.
- WMSI came and the children worked on coding.
- We also had a guest speaker from the Vermont Institute of Science.
- Important Dates
- February 7th– Book Orders are due
- February 11th– Science Night 5:30pm
- February 12th– Board Meeting 5:30pm Budget Hearing 7pm Landaff Town Hall
- February 14th– Valentine’s Day Ice Cream Social 1:30pm
- February 24th-February 28th– No School
Landaff Blue School
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan
Using pan balances to measure the mass of objects