From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
Student of the Week! Emmett
Check out our website at: http://landaffblueschool.wixsite.com/home
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten Letter of the Week is E
- Kindergarten practiced different ways to make 10 by playing different games. They also worked on drawing different shapes and learned different positional words.
- First Graders worked on comparing the lengths of different objects. First Graders used number models with symbols to represent and solve number stories.
- Third Graders have been finding the area of rectangles and writing matching number sentences. They’ve been using different strategies for finding areas and perimeters.
- We celebrated our 100th day of school with lots of different activities. Students shared their 100th day items.
- Third Graders have been learning about the US Government in Social Studies.
- We had guest visitors from the Dept. of Agriculture and Pete Gerry’s who came in and discussed chickens.
- February 7th– Book Orders are due
- February 11th– Science Night
- February 12th– Budget Hearing & Board Meeting
- February 14th– Valentine’s Day Ice Cream Social
- February 24th-February 28th– No School
Landaff Blue School
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan