From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
Student of the week: Rachel
Check out our website at
Each day the students and I use Zoom video for a morning and grade level meeting. This is great way to connect. I love being able to see everyone! On Thursday, April 16th we had Crazy Hair Day! It was so fun to see everyone’s crazy hair-dos. Each week we will try to have a new fun theme. Next Thursday, we will be having a Pajama Day,
What We Are Learning
- Preschoolers are working on cutting, shapes, letter and numbers and staying connecting by participating in Zoom meetings.
- Kindergarten worked on letter review and reading grade level books. They practiced sight words that went along with their book.
- Kindergarten worked more on adding and subtracting.
- First Graders practiced reading grade level books. They practiced some sight words that went along with their book. In Math, they practiced displaying time on an hour-hand-only clock. They also worked more on addition and subtraction.
- Third Graders practiced working on fractions. They worked on representing fractions in words and drawings. They also are finishing up reading “The Chocolate Touch”.
- All students have been working on informational writing topics.
- All students have started their new science unit on Ecosystems.
- Our WMSI program has continued and students will continue to work on coding ecosystem stories. They Zoom with Jeremy on Tuesdays.
- Students participated in an Art lesson on Zoom and made art incorporating the color wheel.
- Students participated in an P.E. lesson on Zoom and practiced stretching. P.E. Zoom lessons will be held on Thursdays.