From the Desk of Judith Boulet, Landaff Town Moderator;
Important Information about Voting in Landaff:
1. Masks are required. If you forgot yours, you will be given one to wear.
2. Social Distancing is required up the steps and in the hall.
3. Electioneering is illegal. Do not wear pins, caps, hats, t-shirts, etcetera, or bring signs and materials to promote your choices.
4. The route for voting will be as follows:
- Go up the steps and enter through the front [green] door.
- You will be greeted by an Election Official. Take a paper mat, if you choose to do so. They are optional this time because the booths are cleaned frequently.
- Follow the red tape on the floor.
- Check in at the Supervisors of the Checklist table to see if you are registered, or if you need to register.
- Go to the Ballot Clerk. State your name and address and show your photo ID.
- Get your ballot and disposable pencil.
- Go to the Election Inspectors and wait for a booth assignment. We are trying to have voters use “every other” booth. There are six voting booths.
- Vote! Mark your choices clearly. When tallying votes, the “intent of the voter” is considered if a marking is skewed or incomplete. Examples; an ‘X’ or a circled name, rather than a filled space.
- Go to the Town Clerk and state your name and address.
- Give your ballot to the Moderator. She will place it in the ballot box.
- Exit by the back door that takes you to the fire escape ramp.
- Thank you for your cooperation! Thank you for voting!
Pre-processing of the Absentee Ballots will take place on October 31, at 3:00pm in the Landaff Town Hall dining room. If you come to observe, you must wear a mask and sit socially distant from others in the room.
One thought on “Important Voting Information”
This is a good reminder, thank you; I did not know electioneering was actually illegal.
LikeLiked by 1 person