From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
November 9th- November 12th
Check out our website at:
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten letter of the week is D. They have been doing different D activities and have been reviewing past letters. In math, Kindergarten used ten frames to explore number pairs that add up to 10. Kindergarten also worked on creating number books.
- First Graders finished their Unit 2 Progress Check. They began to use diagrams and number models to represent and solve parts and total situations. They also worked on making number story books.
- Second Graders had their Unit 2 Progress Check and completed their Unit 2 assessments.
- All grades completed Veteran’s Day letters and gave them out to local veterans.
- All grades began working on their Thanksgiving Tall Tales in writing.
- All grades worked on coding experiments and had a lesson from WMSI for Computer Science Class.
- All grades enjoyed the beautiful weather this week.
The students learned about the healthy body and The Choose Love Program will focus on Gratitude in Health and Guidance.
They learned to sing “Head and Shoulders” in French class.
In Library, the students are reading the Ladybug book collection. This is a collection of books written by NH authors.
In Art, the students made patriotic pictures for Veterans.
In PE, the students worked on group activities.
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan