From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
November 16th- November 20th
Check out our website at:
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten letter of the week is M. They have been doing different M activities and have been reviewing past letters. In math, children compared and described objects of varying lengths. They also used positional language to follow and give directions for an obstacle course.
- First Graders practiced counting a large collection of objects. They explored double facts and direct length comparison. They also practiced solving open response problems that represented a number story.
- Second Graders solved open response problems using their own fact strategies. They discussed selected drawings and explanations. They also wrote subtraction number stories.
- All grades continued working on their Thanksgiving Tall Tales in writing.
- All grades worked on coding experiments and had a lesson from WMSI for Computer Science Class.
The students learned about the healthy body and The Choose Love Program will focus on Gratitude in Health and Guidance.
They learned to sing “Momma Is Taking Us to The Zoo Tomorrow” in French class.
In Library, the students are reading the books about Thanksgiving.
In Art, the students painted a turkey.
Blue School 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan