Requested by Molly Culver, Teaching Principal – Landaff Blue School 603.838.6416
Blue School Newsletter
January 25th- January 29th
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten letter of the week is P. In math, Kindergarten used their fingers to explore the concept that teen numbers represent “10 and some more ones.” They also discussed and analyzed different solutions and arguments.
- First Graders applied place-value understanding to write numbers up to and beyond 100 on number scrolls. They also found the length of a crooked path by iterating nonstandard units.
- Second Graders played “Beat the Calculator” to develop fact power by using mental strategies to add two 1-digit numbers. They also reviewed coins by finding coin combinations to pay for items and make change by counting up.
- All grades continued their “My winter story”.
- All grades continued journaling about the weather.
- The students built a lung and The Choose Love Program will focus on Compassion and Empathy in Health and Guidance.
- They learned to label winter clothing and winter activities and sang “Frosty the Snowman” in French class.
- In Library, the students are reading about Northern birds and started journaling in their nature books.
- In Art, the students learned the element of texture.
- In PE, the students completed an indoor workout.