From the desk Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
February 1 – February 5th
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten letter of the week is J. In math, Kindergarten learned about the equal symbol and the addition symbol. They played “Growing Train” where children modeled addition symbolically through a game.
- First Graders used number models with relation symbols to represent and solve number stories. They also practiced adding and subtracting 2-digit numbers.
- Second Graders made arrays and matched clock faces to digital notation. They also developed strategies for mentally adding and subtracting 10 and 100.
- All grades began their “My Valentine’s Day Story.”
- In Health, the students learned about heart.
- In Guidance, students focused on Compassion and Empathy.
- They learned to label winter clothing and sang winter songs in French class.
- In Library, the students are reading about folktales
- In Art, the students creative Valentine’s Day cards.
- In PE, the students played capture the flag.
Molly Culver 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan