Requested by Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter February 8th – February 12th
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten letter of the week is K. In math, Kindergarten combined shapes to create new shapes. They also used string to compare body heights with different objects in the classroom. They compared straws by length. They also had their Mid-Year Assessments.
- First Graders had their Unit 5 Progress Check. They also had their Mid-Year Assessments.
- Second Graders solved parts-and-total number stories. They also solved change number stories involving temperature and began adding multidigit numbers.
- All grades continued their “My Valentine’s Day Story.”
- All grades had a lesson from WMSI for Computer Science Class.
- All grades worked on Valentine’s Day crafts and activities.
- In Health, the students learned about family.
- In Guidance, students focused on Compassion and Empathy.
- They learned to label winter clothing and sang winter songs in French class.
- In Library, the students are reading about kindness.
- In Art, the students creative Valentine’s Day cards and creative art.
- In PE, the students worked on team work.
Molly Culver 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan
Computer Science class!