Requested by Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
February 15th – February 19th
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten letter of the week is A. In math, Kindergarten sorted, counted and compared graphs about pets. Children compared 3-dimensional shapes in everyday objects.
- First Graders practiced reading and displaying times on an hour-hand-only clock. They also practiced number stories with two or three addends. They also practiced addition doubles and created shapes with given attributes.
- Second Graders had their Unit 5 Self Assessments. They also drew picture graphs and bar graphs to represent a data set.
- All grades participated in the 100th Day of School activities.
- All grades learned about President’s Day in Social Studies.
- All grades began their season persuasive writing assignments.
- In Health, the students learned about the heart.
- In Guidance, students focused on being kind.
- They learned how to say winter activities in French.
- In Library, the students did an author study on Gerald Dermott.
- In Art, the students followed step by step directions to create unicorns and foxes.
- In PE, the students played Sharks and Minnows and took a nature walk through the woods.
Molly Culver 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan
Author study, Gerald Dermott