From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
May 17th – May 21st
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten is working on letter review. In math, Kindergarten explored measurable attributes of backpacks. They also compared the weight of backpacks. They also created classroom maps.
- First Graders used rulers to measure objects. They also solved two-digit number stories. They also had to find the total cost of three items and explain their strategies.
- Second Graders measured lengths to the nearest half-inch. Second Graders also reviewed place value. They wrote multidigit numbers in expanded form.
- All grades had a lesson from WMSI for Computer Science Class.
- All grades began a new writing assignment.
- All grades enjoyed the warmer weather!
- In Health, the students performed skits using puppets.
- In Guidance, students focused on friends.
- They learned community words.
- In Library, the students worked on nature journals.
- PE, the students played beanbag toss.
- In Art, the students created butterflies.
- In Music, the students practiced for the End of the Year performance.
Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan
Students painted butterflies in Art!