From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter May 24th – May 28th
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten is working on letter review. In math, Kindergarten compared maps and practiced following directions. They also used a pan balance to explore the weight of different objects. They compared lengths of time in seconds.
- First Graders practiced dividing rectangles into equal shares. They practiced adding and subtracting with 2-digit numbers. They also practiced comparison number stories.
- Second Graders used base 10 blocks to solve subtraction problems. They also practiced finding coin and bill combinations with equivalent values. They also practiced estimating the prices of different items.
- Our last lesson with WMSI.
- All grades enjoyed the warmer weather!
- In Health, the students learned about movement and exercise.
- In Guidance, students focused on resolving conflicts with friends.
- In French, they learned words to describe emotions.
- In Library, the students worked on nature journals.
- PE, the students played Capture the Flag.
- In Art, the students created Eric Carle inspired elephants.
- In Music, the students practiced for the End of the Year performance.
Molly Culver Landaff Blue School 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan