From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
June 1st – June 4th
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten is working on letter review. In math, Kindergarten found different combinations to add up to 10. They also applied counting, operations, measurement and geometry skills for their classroom math celebration.
- First Graders used the symbols (<, >, & =) to compare sums of prices. First Graders also reviewed place value, and 3D shapes.
- Second Graders practiced different types of estimates. They solved number stories about 2 equal groups. Second Grade also practiced skip counting. They also solved problems involving multiples of 10 and 5.
- All grades learned about Memorial Day in Social Studies class.
- The students had a successful End of Year Performance!
- In Health, the students learned about movement and exercise.
- In Guidance, students focused on friendship.
- In French, they learned words to describe emotions.
- In Library, the students learned about pollinators and gardening.
- PE, the students played Capture the Flag.
- In Art, the students created outside pictures using watercolor.
- In Music, the students’ End of the Year performance was a success!
Molly Culver 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan