From the desk of Cathy Ferony, Landaff Town Clerk;
How to Register a Dog – April 30, 2023 due date
You will need:
- A Rabies Certificate
- Documentation if the dog has been spayed or neutered
Where to Register a Dog
All new dogs are registered at the Town Clerk’s Office during regular business hours or by appointment.
What is the Cost to Register a Dog
- Puppy (ages 4-7 months) $7.50
- Neutered or spayed dogs $7.50
- Unaltered male of female dog $10.00
- Senior citizen dog $2.00 (owner is 65 or older on the first dog only)
Failure to Register Dog
Between June 1st and June 20, the Town Clerk’s Office will forward a list of those owners or keepers of dogs that have not been licensed to the Select Board per state law RSA 466:1. A Dog Warrant will be signed and a civil forfeiture fee will be assessed.
FAILURE TO REGISTER A DOG WILL RESULT IN THE FOLLOWING:
- The cost of the annual license fee will be charged
- A late fee of $1.00 per month, per dog for each month (or part of month) starting June 1
- A civil forfeiture fee in the amount of $25.00
- A $7 service fee.
- The civil forfeiture will be sent certified mail and payable within fifteen (15) days of receipt of the notice of failure to register your dog(s).
- If the forfeiture fee is not paid within that time, a summons to appear in court shall be issued in accordance with State law requirements.
- If you no longer own a dog or the dog is deceased, please contact the Town Clerk’s Office at (603)838-6220 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then update your record so that you do not receive any future notices.