From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
March 30 – April 3
Signs of Spring at Blue School!
Student of the week: Jolene
Check out our website at
Each day the students and I use Zoom video for a morning and afternoon meeting. This is great way to connect and start our learning day together.
What We Are Learning
- Preschoolers are working on cutting, shapes and letters.
- Kindergarten Letter of the Week is L
- Kindergarten worked on 2 and 3 dimensional shapes.
- First Graders practiced reading and displaying time on an hour-hand-only clock.
- Third Graders practiced working on fractions. They worked on representing fractions in words and drawings.
- All students have been working on informational writing topics.
- All students have started their new science unit on Ecosystems.
- Our WMSI program has continued and students will continue to work on coding.
- Students participated in a Zoom Art and PE class.
On Tuesday, April 6th, we will be having a ZOOM Computer Science lesson with Jeremy. I will be sending out an email with the WMSI’s ZOOM meeting ID number.
Please continue to check your email daily as there will be frequent check in’s and important information sent out.
April “Fish” Day!
Remote Learning Highlights