From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School:
Blue School Newsletter
May 10th – 14th
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten is working on letter review. In math, Kindergarten played a game using shape and positional language to describe and re-create pattern-block designs. They played “Subtraction Top-It”.
- First Graders used place value to mentally add and subtract 10 from a given number. They also had their Unit 8 Math Assessment.
- Second Graders had their Unit 8 Math Assessment. They also explored equal shares of different shapes. They were introduced to fraction vocabulary. They used pattern blocks to divide shapes, and to make number lines.
- All grades had a lesson from WMSI for Computer Science Class.
- All grades began writing their “My Fairy Tale” for writing.
- In Health, the students learned about doctors and dentist.
- In Guidance, students focused on friends.
- They reviewed transportation words.
- In Library, the students worked on nature journals.
- PE, the students had played soccer.
- In Art, the students finished their puppets.
In Music, the students practiced for the End of the Year play.