From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
April 6 – 10
Student of the week: Thora
Check out our website at
Each day the students and I use Zoom video for a morning and grade level meetings This is great way to connect.
What We Are Learning
- Preschoolers are working on cutting, shapes, letter and numbers and staying connecting by participating in Zoom meetings.
- Kindergarten worked on letter review and reading grade level books.
- Kindergarten worked on adding and subtracting.
- First Graders practiced reading and displaying time on an hour-hand-only clock.
- Third Graders practiced working on fractions. They worked on representing fractions in words and drawings. They also are reading “The Chocolate Touch”.
- All students have been working on informational writing topics.
- All students have started their new science unit on Ecosystems.
- Our WMSI program has continued and students will continue to work on coding ecosystem stories.
- Students participated in Zoom Lessons for Art, Computer Science and PE class.
Landaff Blue School
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan
Remote Learning Highlights