From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Thank you, William and family for my beautiful flowers and fresh eggs!
Student of the week: Ava
Check out our website at:
Each day the students and I use Zoom video for a morning and grade level meetings This is great way to connect. I love being able to see everyone! On Thursday, May 7, 2020 we had Favorite Stuffed Animal! It was so nice to see everyone’s favorite stuffed animal and the story behind it! We will have a new Thursday Theme Day on May 14th. The theme will be; Wear your favorite hat or costume!
What We Are Learning
- Preschoolers are working on cutting, shapes, letter and numbers and staying connecting by participating in Zoom meetings.
- Kindergarten worked on letter review and reading grade level books. They practiced sight words that went along with their book.
- Kindergarten worked more on adding and subtracting.
- First Graders practiced reading grade level books. They practiced some sight words that went along with their book. In Math, they practiced displaying time on an hour-hand-only clock. They also worked more on addition and subtraction.
- Third Graders practiced working on fractions. They worked on representing fractions in words and drawings.
- Third Graders are now reading a chapter book of their choice and are completing reading response questions to go along with it.
- All students have been working on informational writing topics.
- All students have started their new science unit on Ecosystems.
- Our WMSI program has continued and students will continue to work on coding ecosystem stories. They have Zoom with Jeremy on Tuesdays. Our last Computer Science is Tuesday May 12th. K-1 begins at 9:30AM. Grade 3 begins at 10:30AM.
- There will also be an End of the Year Computer Science Celebration on May 21st at 3:30PM.
- Students participated in an Art lesson on Zoom and completed landscape paintings focusing on how to make a horizon.
- Students participated in an P.E. lesson on Zoom and practiced stretching. P.E. Zoom lessons will be held on Thursdays at 1:00PM.
*Thursday, May 14th will be the very last day for student work pick-up.**
Remote Learning Highlights