From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
Student of the week: Henry
Check out our website at
Each day the students and I use Zoom video for a morning meeting and grade level meetings This is great way to connect. I love being able to see everyone! On Thursday, May 14, 2020 we had Hat Day or Favorite Costume Day! It was so nice to see everyone wearing their favorite hat/costume. Next week will be Wear Your Favorite Color Day!
What We Are Learning
- Preschoolers are working on cutting, shapes, letter and numbers and staying connecting by participating in Zoom meetings.
- Kindergarten worked on letter review and reading grade level books. They practiced sight words that went along with their book.
- Kindergarten worked more on adding and subtracting.
- First Graders practiced reading grade level books. They practiced some sight words that went along with their book. In Math, they practiced displaying time on an hour-hand-only clock. They also worked more on addition and subtraction.
- Third Graders practiced working on fractions. They worked on representing fractions in words and drawings.
- Third Graders are now reading a chapter book of their choice and are completing reading response questions to go along with it.
- All students have been working on informational writing topics.
- All students have started their new science unit on Ecosystems.
- We had our last Computer Science lesson with Jeremy on Tuesday May 12th. There will be an End of the Year Celebration of Computer Science on Thursday, May 21st at 3:30PM. I really hope everyone can attend!
- Students participated in an Art lesson on Zoom. Next week Art will be on Wednesday, May 20th at 1:00PM. We will be using the watercolor backgrounds the students created early this year. It is in the most recent Remote Learning bag.
- Students participated in an P.E. lesson on Zoom and practiced stretching. P.E. Zoom lessons will be held on Thursdays at 1:00PM.
Landaff Blue School
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan
Remote Learning Highlights