From the Desk of Judith Boulet, Landaff Town Moderator:
State Primary elections will be conducted on TUESDAY, September 8, 2020 at Landaff Town Hall from 11:00 am to 7:00pm. ‘Thank you’ to voters who have gone through the absentee ballot process and returned your ballot. HB 1266, Laws of 2020, Chapter 14, autorizes partial pre-processing of absentee ballots for both the State Primary and the General Election in November.Pre-processing of absentee ballots received, thus far, will be September 7, 2020 from 3:00pm to 5:00pm in the Landaff Town Hall in the dining room. Absentee ballots sent to you by the Town Clerk must be returned to the Town Hall up to 5:00pm on Election Day, September 8, 2020. On State Primary Election Day [September 8, 2020], we are taking a number of precautions at the Town Hall to ensure the safety of the election workers and the voters:
- Voters will ENTER through the ramp and side door. Assistant Moderator Joe Wiggett will greet you.
- Masks covering the nose and mouth are mandatory, as per the recent Landaff Select Board ruling. If you forget your mask, Joe will give you one. He will also hand you a ‘voting mat’. This contains the voting instructions.
- The ramp will be marked in six-foot increments, so please stay at the accepted social distance from others.
- Election workers will be wearing Personal Protection Equipment.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in various areas throughout the room.
- Voters will stop at the Ballot Clerks. Show your identification, check in, and receive your ballot. You will be given your own pencil to fill out the ballot.
- Undeclared voters will be given a form to return to Undeclared. This form will be dropped off in a designated box at a table near the Town Clerk.
- All voting booths will be open, but we will be using every other one to ensure proper distancing. Two additional voting spaces have been set up to ensure this distancing.
- Use the mat to set your ballot on. You will dispose of the mat and pencil once your voting is complete.
- Surfaces will be disinfected on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Voters will EXIT through the green front doors.
- We realize that voting day is a great opportunity to catch up with other members of the community. However, we ask you not to linger in or in front of the Town Hall, and to enter and leave as quickly as possible. If you wish to visit, we welcome you to do so in the church parking lot area.
We are looking forward to a successful Primary Election Day. Thank you for helping us achieve this success.
Judy Boulet, Landaff Town Moderator