From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
October 9, 2020
Check out our website at: http://landaffblueschool.wixsite.com/home
We were all happy to welcome preschool back! The students had a great first week of learning and playing together.
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten letter of the week is T
- They have been doing different T activities and have been reviewing letter H and S. Kindergarten has been introduced to the nursey rhyme “Jack and Jill”. In math, Kindergarten explored addition by looking quickly at dots in different arrangements. They also practiced adding and subtracting within 5.
- First Graders have been solving number stories to practice adding and subtracting within 20. They’ve also been using the number grid.
- Second Grade practiced skip counting on calculators and number grids to look for place value patterns in their counts. They also reviewed the <, >, and = symbols.
- All grades have been working on different writing assignments.
- All grades got to explore and investigate Mill Brook for their science lesson.
The students learned about Healthy choices and The Choose Love Program will focus on Courage and Bullying in Health and Guidance.
They reviewed colors and numbers in French class.
In Library, the students are reading the Ladybug book collection. This is a collection of books written by NH authors.
In Art, students continued their Fall Leaf Lines project.
Molly Culver 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan