From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
January 11th – January 15th
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten letter of the week is V. They have been doing different V activities and have been reviewing past letters. Kindergarten has finished up in their Math Volume 1 book. They worked on finding, recording, and analyzing sums of rolled dice.
- First Graders had their Unit 4 Progress Check. They completed their Unit 4 Assessments.
- Second Graders were introduced to measuring. They practiced measuring with inches and centimeters.
- All grades continued their “My winter story”.
- All grades continued journaling about the weather.
- Students also had a visit from WMSI for Computer Science Class.
- In Social Studies, students learned about Martin Luther King Jr.
- The students learned about lungs and The Choose Love Program will focus on Compassion in Health and Guidance.
- They learned about family members in French class.
- In Library, the students are reading the books about North American birds.
- In Art, the students used technology to upload a portrait of themselves that they will color and put on a canvas.
- In PE, the students went snowshoeing.
Molly Culver 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan