From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
March 15th-March 19th
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten letter of the week is O. In math, Kindergarten modeled number stories with equations. They also added and subtracted on a walk-on number line.
- First Graders applied their understanding of place value to make exchanges between pennies, dimes, and dollars. They also had their Unit 6 math assessment.
- Second Graders built arrays on geoboards. They measured and compared lengths and created shapes. They also had their Unit 6 math assessment.
- All grades finished their “My St. Patrick’s Day Story”
- All grades made their own leprechaun traps.
- All grades had lesson from WMSI for Computer Science class. The students build models to solve a problem and started coding.
- In Health, the students learned about what makes a healthy community.
- In Guidance, students focused on Mindful Moments.
- They reviewed the words and songs about animals.
- In Library, the students continued working on their research on ocean animals.
- In Art, the students created hearts using the Color Wheel.
- In PE, the students played the Hulu Hoop game.
Molly Culver 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan