From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
March 22nd-March 26th
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten letter of the week is Y. In math, Kindergarten played different shape games. They also practiced counting on by 1’s and practiced counting on by 10’s. They used a pan balance as a tool to compare weights.
- First Graders deepened their understanding of the relationship between addition and subtraction by learning about fact families. They also worked on more combinations of 10 facts.
- Second Graders started Unit 7. Students used mental strategies to find differences between 2-digit numbers and larger multiples of 10. They also practiced measuring distances with a yardstick.
- All grades worked on writing limericks.
- All grades continue to work on coding and building robots for their Novel Engineer Project from WMSI for Computer Science class.
- All grades enjoyed the lovely spring weather.
- In Health, the students learned about being kind.
- In Guidance, students focused on Mindful Moments.
- They reviewed the words and songs about zoo animals.
- In Library, the students continued working on their research on ocean animals.
- In Art, the students created spring flowers.
- In PE, the students did indoor exercisers.
Molly Culver 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan