From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
April 5th – April 9th
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten is working on letter review. In math, Kindergarten played games to develop fluency with addition facts within 5. They also used a collection of objects to count and to record data.
- First Graders practiced addition facts to find unknown numbers in number sentences. They also practiced telling time using digital and analog clocks.
- Second Graders sorted shapes, drew picture graphs and measured body parts. They also had their Unit 7 Math Assessments.
- All grades had a lesson from WMSI for Computer Science class.
- All grades began their “Let’s Write a Spring Story”.
- All grades enjoyed being outside in the spring weather.
- In Health, the students learned about emergency numbers.
- In Guidance, students focused on forgiveness.
- They did some review of words learned this year.
- In Library, the students continued working on their research on ocean animals.
- PE, the students played Capture the Flag.
- In Art, the students made butterflies.
- The students practiced for the End of the Year play.
Molly Culver 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan