From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
March 29th – April 2nd
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten letter of the week is Y. In math, Kindergarten conducted surveys and represented their results. Students also checked estimates using comparison and counting strategies.
- First Graders identified the attributes of attribute blocks. They practiced addition and subtraction facts. They explored whether shapes were divided equally.
- Second Graders practiced measuring to the nearest yard. They also measured lengths to the nearest centimeter and to the nearest inch.
- All grades worked on their “Peeps” writing assignments.
- All grades had a lesson from WMSI for Computer Science class.
- All grades had a great Easter Egg Hunt!
- In Health, the students learned about what makes you unique.
- In Guidance, students focused on Mindful Moments.
- They reviewed the words and songs about farm and pond animals.
- In Library, the students continued working on their research on ocean animals.
Molly Culver 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan