From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
April 12th – April 16th
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten is working on letter review. In math, Kindergarten made 2-D and 3-D dimensional shapes out of toothpicks and marshmallows. They explored counting as a way to measure and compare lengths of time. They also counted forward from numbers other than 1 throughout the 1-100 sequence.
- First Graders had their Unit 7 Math Assessment. They also constructed 2-dimensional shapes and identified defining and nondefining attributes of those shapes.
- Second Graders described the attributes of 2-dimensional shapes. They reinforced identifying shapes by playing “Shape Capture”. They also practiced drawing quadrilaterals.
- Novel Engineering Projects WMSI for Computer Science class. The students designed and coded robots to solve a problem a character had from a book.
- All grades continued their “Let’s Write a Spring Story”.
- All grades worked on their ocean research project.
- In Health, the students learned about healthy choices.
- In Guidance, students focused on forgiveness.
- They learned transportations words.
- In Library, the students presented their research projects on ocean animals. Even preschool did a project and presented it!
- PE, the students worked on muscle strengthening.
- In Art, the students worked on building props for the End of Year Play.
- In Music, the students practiced for the End of the Year play.
Molly Culver 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan