From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
April 19th – April 23rd
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten is working on letter review. In math, Kindergarten found number pairs that added up to 10. They worked on finding different patterns.
- First Graders divided shapes into halves and fourths. They compared the sizes of the shares to the number of equal shares. They also reviewed shapes.
- Second Graders sorted and compared 3-D shapes according to their attributes. They reviewed shapes. They worked on partitioning rectangles into same-size squares.
- All grades made their own robots with recycled materials.
- All grades picked out different vegetables and flowers to plant.
- All grades continued their “Let’s Write a Spring Story”.
- All grades celebrated the end of their ocean unit with a fun Beach Day!
- In Health, the students learned about healthy choices and had a healthy snack day. Thank you, Friends in Council, for your thoughtful donation.
- In Guidance, students focused on forgiveness.
- They learned transportations words.
- In Library, the students worked on drawing and labeling in their nature journals.
- PE, the students had fun doing relay races.
- In Art, the students worked on building props for the End of Year Play and enjoyed a free draw.
- In Music, the students practiced for the End of the Year play.