From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Week of January 16, 2020
Student of the Week! Shepherd
Check out our website at: http://landaffblueschool.wixsite.com/home
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten Letter of the Week is J
- Kindergarten has been practicing counting and recognizing numbers 10 through 19. They also been practicing with ten frames and were introduced to a calculator.
- First Graders have been practicing finding numbers that are 10 more and 10 less than a given number. First graders also reached their Unit 4 progress check.
- Third Grade practiced using all four operations to generate equivalent names for numbers. They also reached their Unit 3 progress check.
- Third Grade spent some time in class working on their research project.
- Blue School learned all about Martin Luther King Jr during Social Studies and reading groups.
- WMSI came in for Computer Science and the children learned about force and motion with their robots.
March 9th at 7pm – Town Annual School Meeting at Landaff Town Hall
Computer Science class: students working on building robots and ramps. Then coding programs for the robots to preform force and motion activities