Requested by Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School – 603.838.6416;
Blue School Newsletter
January 19th- January 22nd
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten has been reviewing past letters this week. In math, Kindergarten played cooperative games to generate combinations of numbers that add up to 10. They also practiced more with shapes.
- First Graders used base 10 blocks and calculators to support place-value understanding. They also practiced place value by using pennies and dimes. They also reviewed the symbols =, <, >.
- Second Graders had their Unit 4 Progress Check.
- All grades continued their “My winter story”.
- All grades continued journaling about the weather.
- All grades had a visit from a NH Fish and Game Conservation Officer who spoke about animal tracking.
- In January, we focused on eating healthy snacks. Thank you, Friends and Council for your thoughtful donation to purchase fruit and veggies!
- The students learned about lungs and The Choose Love Program will focus on Compassion and Empathy in Health and Guidance.
- They learned about labeling a snowman in French class.
- In Library, the students are reading the books about winter animals and the Scientific process.
- In Art, the students finished projects.
- In PE, the students went snowshoeing.