From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter March 2-6
Student of the week: Grace
Important Dates: March 20th– Early Release Day 12:00PM
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten Letter of the Week is Y
- Kindergarten worked on how to find length with objects. They used string to measure their height. They also practiced putting straws in order by length. They also were introduced to graphing and interpreted a graph about different pets students have at home.
- First Graders practiced reading and displaying times on an hour-hand-only clock. They also used a variety of methods to solve number stories with two or three addends.
- Third Graders practiced working on fractions. They worked on representing fractions in words and in drawings.
- Our WMSI program has continued and the student’s worked more on coding.
- All students have started their science unit on Space.
- All students have been working on their individual writing topics.
Check out our website at
Landaff Blue School
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan
Making Constellation Finders