From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Blue School Newsletter
March 8th-March 12th
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten letter of the week is I. In math, Kindergarten described and compared measurable and geometric attributes through a game. They played games to practice finding combinations that add up to 10.
- First Graders worked on multistep number stories. They used addition and subtraction facts to help their understanding of equivalence.
- Second Graders used base- 10 blocks to find partial sums and were introduced to partial-sums addition. They also worked on open response problems using base-10 blocks.
- All grades continued their “My St. Patrick’s Day Story”
- All grades had a lesson on engineering, building and coding robots from WMSI for Computer Science Class.
- In Health, the students learned about making healthy snacks.
- In Guidance, students focused on cool down strategies.
- They reviewed the words and songs they have been learning in French.
- In Library, the students continued working on their research on ocean animals.
- In Art, the students created landscapes.
- In PE, the students took a nature walk.
Molly Culver Landaff Blue School 603.838.6416
“Teachers who love teaching, teach children to love learning”- Robert John Meehan