From the desk of Molly Culver, Teaching Principal Landaff Blue School;
Check out our website at:
What We Are Learning
- Kindergarten Letter of the Week is H
- Kindergarten has been introduced to the letter H. They have been doing different H activities. Kindergarten has been introduced to different shapes. Kindergarten also worked hard comparing lengths.
- First Graders have reviewed “Quick Looks” in which they decompose numbers to prepare for adding and subtracting. They have been investigating the number line.
- Second Grade has been reviewing the number line while working hard on solving addition and subtraction number stories.
- All grades have been working on different writing assignments focusing on following a sequential order.
- The Vermont Institute of Natural Science came to the Blue School for two fun and exciting science lessons. Students investigated soil by taking soil samples and comparing the organic matter. In the second lesson, students examined red wigglers and determined if their worm preferred wet or dry, light or dark soil.
- Unified Arts
- Everyone enjoyed participating in their Unified Arts!
- The students learned about staying healthy and being kind in Health and Guidance.
- They learned their colors in French class.
- In Art, they made Leaf Art.
- On Friday, students played play 4-square in PE.